Thursday 9 April 2009

Introduction


Over the years my wife and I have visited many of the Napoleonic battlefields in Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Austria, Germany and Italy. Throughout this time our main interest has been Napoleonic history and walking.

So visiting Napoleonic battlefields was an ideal way to combine both hobbies. We have spent many happy days walking battlefield during our annual holiday, and have taken many photographs over the years.

The objective of this blog is to record those holidays. I plan to do so by writing a diary of each holiday, starting with our first visit to Waterloo. I will publish a short blog each week, recording one, or possibly more, day on each one.

We hope that you enjoy reading about these visits as much as we enjoyed them at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have asked to be notified before comments appear so that I will not miss them.